Douglas Adams, responding to the question "What is it about science that really gets your blood running?" Quoted by Richard Dawkins in his 2001 eulogy for Adams
Friday, December 19, 2025
Time well spent
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And … the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
-
Marty, the future isn't written. It can be changed. You know that. Anyone can make their future whatever they want it to be. D...
-
My mother loves butter more than I do, more than anyone. She pulls chunks off the stick and eats it plain, explaining cream spun around into...
-
That you need a village, if only for the pleasure of leaving it. Your own village means that you're not alone, that you know there'...