Thursday, September 7, 2023

What was my life about?

What was my life about?
Nothing.
Pretending I was okay.
Being concerned and worrying about whether I was okay or not.
Pretending I was concerned about something
I wasn't concerned about just so I could be right.
That is a truly absurd and meaningless life.
When things are good, you run your winning formula.
When things are bad, you run your racket.
Life is empty and meaningless.
What is out there is nothing.
But your story about life comes from your racket and winning formula.
Getting related to life as it is, is getting related to nothing.
You live your life related to an illusion.
Life is uncertain.
You are avoiding being related to uncertainty.
If you could stand in uncertainty or nothing,
what would you be willing to create for your life?

                Steve Zaffron, while leading the Landmark Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment