Monday, July 27, 2020

Out of Nothing

To be nothing                                                                                                             
Is to consent to being a simple creature.                                                                 
This is the place of encounter with                                                                               
“I AM that I Am.”                                                       
When there is no more “me, myself or mine,”                                                    
Only “I AM” remains.
Then the “I” may fall away,                                                                                           
Leaving just the AM.
God empowers our powerlessness                                                                           
So that we never despair                                                                                           
Of unconditional forgiveness and infinite mercy.
Such is the grace of inner resurrection,                                                                      
And the reward of seeking no reward.
            Thomas Keating


No comments:

Post a Comment